O N L I N E F O R M F I L L I N G - F A Qs
Process for applying online
- First, register yourself by clicking "New Registration" in the NEST homepage.
- Provide correct/valid mail-id so that you can receive mails. Gmail & Yahoo! are the most preferred mail domains. Rediffmail is somehow sometimes not accepting our automated mails. Please check whether your mail-id is email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Similarly firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you don't know it correctly then send a mail to someone to find out your correct mail-id.
- You have to provide a password of your choice during registration. And you should remember it for logging in to NEST.
- After registration you are supposed to get a mail to confirm and activate your login. Please check your SPAM/Bulk/Junk folder also (If a mail from 'NEST 2013' is found, select it and click "Not SPAM"). If you fail to get the mail even after an hour then please notify the authority (nest [at] nestexam.in) to manually activate your login.
- Once it is confirmed, you can login and fill the online form.
FILLING UP THE FORM
- NEST-Online has been made extremely flexible with regard to filling up the form and uploading photo/signature.
- The online form can be saved in more than one sittings.
- You can initially save the form with information that are readily available and later you should consider filling other details (in next login).
- You should read instruction given in image upload page before putting your hand in to it.
- Only after completion of all the formalities, you should go for printing the form.
- Duly write your 5-digit application number and name at the back of the DD and send it by regd/speed post to the Chief Coordinator.
- Check form status periodically until you see all the status messages in green. You can send a mail if you find "DD/NEFT not received" even after 15 days of sending the DD/NEFT.
Q1. Do I need to have a mail-id or will it be provided by NEST?
A1. Candidates willing to accept on-line form submission, MUST be having a mail-id, prior to registering themselves with NEST. NEST will NOT provide any mail-id or password for this purpose.
Q2. What are these e-mail id and password for?
A2. The e-mail id (used as your user-id) and password (whatever you wish) are required for a registered applicant to fill-up, modify and print his/her form till the last date of online form submission.
Q3. Is registration necessary? How does it work?
A3. Yes. Registration is a process in which your e-mail id and preferred password are saved in a database so as to identify the unique applicant through a simple process of login.
After clicking the link to "New Registration", a registration requisition form comes up. One has to enter his/her Name (exactly as in the class X certificate), e-mail id, preferred password (not necessarily the one which is used to view the inbox of that e-mail id) and a secret code (the text in a picture format). After submitting, a mail goes to the registered e-mail id where a confirmation link has to be clicked to activate your login.
Q4. Is it possible to fill-up the form in fragments/parts since it is a long one?
A4. Yes. It is possible to fill-up the form in fragments. Even one can save a blank form first and enter data in next login. However, it is advised to do it in one go whenever one is ready with the details.
Q5. Is there a limit for the number of times one modifies his/her form?
A5. No. There is as such no restriction to that. One can modify his/her form as many times he/she wishes until the last date and time.
Q8. Can one still be allowed to login after NEST- examination?
A8. No. Login will be prohibited when and after NEST- exam starts.
Q9. Can I write an email in case of any problem?
A9. Yes. You can write to nest [at] nestexm.in regarding any problem you may encounter.